quote

if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN


There are some people who don't have the guts for distance running. The polite term for them are sprinters.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

You weren't as bad as i thought you would be!

So i did my solo today but before all that happened some other thing happened that put me in a shoddy mood

1 As i was parking at school some guy decided to show off to a girl and get into the parking place next to mine. he came within less than an inch of hitting my car.
2 We had to do a group project in science and no one in my group did anything.
3 the said project had NO instructions what so ever. just words we had to include and it had to be like Mendel's experiments. (the monk with the peas)
4 My friend got her tonsils out a few days ago so i have no one to sit next to during lunch.
5 My A string on my cello unraveled. It is not my fault just poor craftsmanship of the string.
6 My A dot on my cello fell off so i could not just play the A string notes on my D string (in emergency cases that's what you're supposed to do)
7 i had gym. which normally isn't that big of a deal. however, we did a lot of arm exercises and it made my arms dead for the rest of the day.

So i was freaking out a little and high strung and angry.

but i did it.

It sucked a bit, Syd says i was sharp and i agree. But there was a kid before me that was even more nervous and messed up more.(i told him we all loved him anyway and it wasn't a big deal)

When i got up there and started playing my friends cheered me on and a friend told an old joke to get me to laugh and relax. I just started playing and it really helped. I practiced this song a lot (almost everyday) and i knew it pretty well. All my friends were great and they totally supported me. I'm really happy I'm in the orchestra with such amazing people. I really love them!


...



at least until Courtney came up and said "you weren't as bad as i thought you'd be!"

in which i replied "i don't know whether to be pissed about that or not." (we laughed.)

So now all that's left is the after school performance with a judge. That is not until the 17th though so i can practice a little more. (it's in the orchestra room i think if anyone wants to come. 4:45 on Wednesday at my school)

I thought about playing at my family gatherings over the weekend to help with my nerves. the only problem is last time i did that my cousin messed my cello up. You can imagine my happiness about that.

It wasn't bad but it wasn't all that great either. finally i can breathe, at least till Wednesday!

1 comment:

Meemer said...

i'm glad you did well. how funny of your friend to say that.