quote

if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN


There are some people who don't have the guts for distance running. The polite term for them are sprinters.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

be happy!

Hey long time since i've updated right? yeah i've been pretty busy. with school and all.
speaking of which guess what we did today!
the mile run! yippee!
i totally forgot that we were gonna do it today so i freaked out when my friend told me. mostly cause i was already worried about my solo in orchestra today too.
When i went to bed the night before i watched Kerli. she's one of my favorite singers and she's really an inspirational person.
basically the video i watched she told us to be happy.
Anger gets you no where and it does nothing for you. it will only drag you down.
depression gets you further from your dreams.
everyday wake up and think of where you want to go. and get excited about it! think about being happy because if you are always happy things will go your way.

So i was happy today. People got nervous and thought i was just being hyper. It was pretty hard considering the mile run and my solo. I told myself that at this moment i'm the best i've ever been at the song and nobody cares if you mess up. most likely they're relieved when you do. We're human and mistakes are natural.

Before the mile run i had to watch another girl run it and mark her laps and time. She really struggled and i was disappointed that the best i could do was to tell her that she could do it. She tried complaining to the coach to get out of doing it which made me kind of angry but then i remembered that i shouldn't judge people so i left her alone and just watched her run in the large circle.

Throughout my own run i tried to think of music and sing in my head since they weren't playing any. I tried to distract myself. finally with only five laps i just said that i've come this far and i can darn near jog till the finish. I had lots of friends cheering me on and every time i passed them they shouted for me. it gave me inspiration and happiness.
my time was 9.09
I felt so happy considering the last time i ran was two months ago.
i was only a minute behind our star athlete in the class.
and i'm not sore at all!

orchestra came along and i started getting nervous. i kept telling myself that everything would be fine and that i'm a pretty good player.
It didn't work.
Luckily we ran out of time before i got to play so i can practice a little more!
Kerli was right. if you're happy then the world is your playground and you can shape it into whatever you want.

i think i'll try it more often!

2 comments:

Meemer said...

that is awesome! it's true, when you are happy, the world is different. and way to go on the time! you can beat me any day!

Meemer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.